India's s oldest and most admired healthcare companies which provide consumers with a diverse range of diagnostics solutions, medical devices & nutritional products is looking to hire a Marketing Planning Manager for their Mumbai Office.
Department: Established Pharmaceuticals Division (EPD)
Reports To: Division Head/Associate Director
Experience: 4-5 years relevant pharmaceutical sales & brand management experience. Handling multiple brands across therapy areas and cross-geography exposure will be an added advantage
- As Product Champion, demonstrates excellent knowledge and practice in sales & marketing, and fully exploits the full market potential of company's EPD products
- To manage and market the BU’s product range (including relevant therapy areas) through developing, planning, implementing, measuring and being accountable for brand plans which optimize profitability, market share and revenue growth in the short and long term.
- Develops marketing strategies, plans, and tactics together with all other necessary elements and effectively communicates these to the sales teams in order to ensure proper implementation thereof to our customers.
Key Accountabilities, Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- To effectively communicate/design communication material for product benefits to all the relevant stakeholders in the value chain
- To prepare, present and implement marketing business plan (brand plans) per promoted product on an annual basis.
- To provide strategic product direction & to create and execute product tactical plans aligned with strategy within specified time frames via the sales force and to measure quantitatively and qualitatively thereafter.
- Track and monitor the progress on the brand/s on a monthly basis Maintain key customer and opinion leader contact to maximize company's EPD product performance in the respective therapeutic fields and support current and future objectives
- To maintain and improve product knowledge of the sales force and sales managers and to continually update knowledge on the product, competitors and therapeutic area
- To achieve targets for sales, grow market share, profit contribution and market penetration for all assigned product/s (i.e. entire portfolio P&L) To monitor budgets for and control allocated promotional expenditure (A&P) for the product/s
- Ensure pricing for products within your area of responsibility Manage the new product introduction (NPI) process and ensure uploading of relevant BCFs after obtaining approval from Marketing Manager/BU Head Planning and implementation of product launches, including HCP education, promotions, stocking, functions, etc
- To create, together with Demand Planning & Logistics, and be jointly responsible for accurate monthly rolling forecasts (SP&E + Family Mix - 28 month forecast)
- Responsible for overseeing market surveys/Research and sales trends reviews while effectively utilizing available market intelligence tools (IMS, SMSRC, Internal Abbott MIS reports etc.) to identify purchase patterns, sales performance and market dynamics
- Regular fieldwork with representatives, monitoring marketing plans (brand plans), identifying opportunities and gaining market intelligence
- Manage third party relations with relevant companies where companyproducts have been out-licensed / third party products have been in-licensed as per specific contractual obligations