Digital device Ops manager
World's most customer centric e-commerce company is looking for an operations manager who has a passion and experience for creating great customer experiences.
Position Description: Operations Manager
Direct reports: Group Managers
Reporting to: Senior Operations Manager
drive a technically sound and highly innovative customer care organization, which is centered on our philosophy of Customer Obsession. This position requires a candidate who has the ability to dive deep to fin the root cause and develop action plans for driving process improvements and keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the performance standards in an extremely dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate demonstrates ability to influence, manage, and present ideas via clear written and oral communication. Demonstrates maturity and grace under pressure in all communications. Builds positive, productive relationships with stakeholders and partners around the world. Overcomes time zone and geographic distance to drive cross functional initiatives and ensure compliance with business policies. Deals with the complexity of multiple lines of business and regions. Develops and drives strategies and programs which improve the effectiveness of the team.
Key expectations include:
- Owning up the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the teams under their management.
- Demonstrates Amazon’s core values and Leadership Principles.
- Carries out supervisory and management activities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Mentors others in developing Leadership behaviors.
- Hires, manages, and develops high performing teams.
- Identifies unique strengths of team members and helps fosters career advancement within Amazon.
- Seeks to align with Amazon core leadership values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday D2AS practices.
- Works with the Senior Site Leader to define strategy and achieve overall site goals.
- Shapes the direction of his span of control, keeps them focused and motivated to deliver the right results.
- Combines a deep cross-functional business knowledge with a long-term industry wide strategic context for all making business plans.
- Effectively applies best practices to all strategic plans. Solves complex Technical issues by proactively identifying and eliminating root cause barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality. Maximizes resources for the greater good of the organization.
- Maintains a complete and thorough knowledge of technical systems in D2AS team. Implements change or develop new processes as necessary to provide the ability to better service multiple work types.
- Continually measures and evaluates all work processes using Kaizen, Lean, DMAIC, and other improvement methods.
- Develops and achieves performance goals, in order to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong focus on building talent pipeline for future needs of the team.
- Demonstrated ability managing and developing large high performance teams of associates/managers is required. Demonstrated familiarity with general principles of workflow in an inbound call/email center, and current technologies to help manage that workflow.
- Must possess exceptional dive-deep capabilities. The candidate should have a specialized skill set in running large scale production operations, preferably in a contact center environment.
- A deep knowledge in continuous improvement methods such as Kaizen, Lean, DMAIC, etc. is required.
- The ideal candidate will have at least twelve years or more management experience in a fast paced, rapidly changing operations environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong technical and dive-deep aptitude are required.
- A bachelor's degree, or higher, in operations, or a related field, is required. The ideal degree would be in engineering, operations, supply chain or a related field. An advanced degree in a quantitative field is preferred (mathematics, stats, engineering, or science or an MBA).
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA is a plus
- 10-12 years of overall experience and a minimum of 5 years of supervisory exposure including managing managers. 3-5 plus years’ of experience with Customer service/ Technical Support is desirable.
- Advanced computer skills using a variety of programs highly desired
- Strong commitment to leadership, employee development, an Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma, and a keen interest in and familiarity with technical systems, in addition to an extraordinary level of dedication, motivation, and intelligence.
- Should be flexible to work in varied shifts basis the business requirement
- Applicant should be willing to work from home
- Applicant needs to be in People Management role
Bachelorâ€™s degree, MBA is a plus.
10-12 years of overall experience and a minimum of 5 years of s
As per industry standard
Multiple cities, Multiple cities, - India