World's most customer centric e-commerce company is looking for a Senior Operations Program Manager to lead operational launches for scaling up its Virtual Customer Service (VCS) Operations in India.
The Sr. Operations Manager, Customer Service is responsible for providing leadership to the customer service teams in India, supporting single or Multiple OUs (IN, NA and UK). The role would report to an L7/L8 in the organization. The Sr. Operations Manager will be responsible for setting the vision and direction of your teams at our Coimbatore Customer Service/Contact Center. You will lead a large team of up to 1100 plus associates, Team managers’ and Group managers to improve customer experience, increase output and maintain service levels. You will be accountable to raise the bar on customer experience. The role requires a leader who is results oriented, can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and high-growth environment, can lead large scale operations, can build and deploy new mechanisms for customer service operations and is highly effective in dealing with ambiguous and uncertain situations. The contact center provides support to India business units in email, Phone, Message US and chat contact mediums. This is a senior-level management position that is fully accountable for the results of the reporting teams at the customer service center. The individual owning these operations needs to deliver results which are reviewed by senior leaders at L8 and L10
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the teams under management. Understands and demonstrates Amazon’s core values and Leadership Principles. Carries out supervisory and management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Mentors others in developing Leadership behaviors. Hires, handles, and develops high performing teams. Identifies individual strengths of team members and actively fosters career advancement within Amazon.com.
Actively seeks to understand Amazon.com core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday CS practices. Works with the Leadership to derive at strategy to achieve overall site goals. Shapes the direction of the team, keeps them focused and motivated to deliver the right results. Combines a deep cross-functional business understanding with a long-term industry wide strategic context for all decision making. Understands how to position the organization for success. Effectively applies great practices to all strategic decisions. Solves complex customer service issues by identifying and eliminating root cause barriers to accuracy, output, and quality. Maximizes resources for the greater good of the organization.
Maintains a complete and thorough understanding of technical systems in a complex automated customer service center. Implements change or develop new processes as necessary to provide the ability to better service multiple work types. Continually measures and evaluates all work processes using Kaizen, Lean and other improvement methods. Develops and achieves performance goals and objectives in order to deliver an extraordinary customer experience. This position requires the applicant who has the ability to dive deep to include root cause analysis and develop action plans in support of driving process improvements and keep pace with our increasing growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of a performance based culture in an extraordinarily challenging environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.Knowledge & Skills Required
· 18-20 years of overall experience and 12-14 years of managerial exposure.
· Demonstrates ability to influence, lead and present ideas via clear written and oral communication. Demonstrates emotional maturity and grace under challenging environment all communications.
· Builds positive productive relationships with many internal customers and partners around the world. Overcomes time zone and geographic distance to drive cross functional initiatives and ensure compliance with business policies. Deals with the complexity of multiple lines of business and regions. Acts as the thought leader and strategist for Customer Service’s email and chat capabilities. Develops and drives strategies and programs which improve the market position of the Company.
· Strong commitment to leadership, employee development, an understanding of Lean and Six Sigma, and a keen interest in and familiarity with technical systems, in addition to an extraordinary level of dedication, motivation, and intelligence.
· Demonstrated ability managing and developing large high performance teams of associates/managers is required. Demonstrated familiarity with general principles of workflow in an inbound call/email center, and current technologies to help handle that workflow. Possess extraordinary analytical capabilities.
· Possess specialized skill set in running large scale production operations, preferably in a contact center environment. A deep knowledge in continuous improvement methods such as Kaizen, Lean and other improvement methods is required.
· Twelve years or more management experience in a fast paced, rapidly changing operations environment.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong technical and analytical aptitude are required.
A bachelor's degree, or higher, in operations, or a related field, is required.
Preferred Skills the ideal degree would be in engineering, operations, supply chain or a related field. An advanced degree in a quantitative field is preferred (mathematics, stats, engineering, or science or an MBA)
Degree would be in engineering, operations, supply chain or a related field. An advanced degree in a
As per industry standard
Coimbatore, Coimbatore, - Coimbatore , Tamil Nadu , India