– Do not wear oversized outfits to hide your weight as they will only make you look bulkier.
– Do not wear undersized clothes as they will emphasize your weight.
– Wear clothes that are just right for you, even if you need to move to a new size.
Tip 2 – Disguise
– If you are heavier on the hips, go for a flattering A-line skirt instead of straight cuts and go for longer maxi skirts.
– The key is not to look baggy but appropriate.
– Counter the roundness in your body with straight lines in clothing.
Tip 3 – Emphasize
– For example if you have a slender neckline, wear a statement neckpiece to draw attention away from other problem areas.
Tip 4 – Separates
– Select separate pieces rather than one piece. This allows you to select the right size according to your body shape.
– Also do not wear extremely high or low rise waists. The waistband should be just below the belly button for a flattering fit.
Tip 5 – Colors
– Dark colors absorb less light, thus making you look slimmer. Use bright colors in smaller quantities.
– Monochromatic colors help create the same impact (colors from the same family)
Tip 6 – Patterns
– Avoid horizontal stripes as they create an illusion of a wider body as eyes move from side to side
– Opt for medium scale prints, nothing too small or too large.
Tip 7 – Innerware
– Supportive innerwear will help create illusions about body shape and size.
Tip 8 – Layering
– Layering actually helps hide weight contrary to popular belief.
– A structured jacket works wonderfully.
– Layering works to camouflage and create illusions
Tip 9 – Posture
– Standing straight will make you feel confident and you will look fit.
– Slouched shoulders only add more visual weight highlighting the roundness of your back and the bulge of your tummy.
Tip 10 – Lifestyle
– Over and above this, strive for a lifestyle change with the right food and exercise to reveal a fit and confident self.
Thanks to our mentor Ms. Greeshma Thampi for sharing these tips